Children And Mental Health
Disciplining children to boost their Mental health.
Disciplining children these days its not easy , since they are too much exposed in many things. Disciplining children to grow up in a right way requires lot of strength . Discipline allows children to develop self-discipline, and helps them become emotionally and socially mature adults. “Disciplining your child means teaching them responsible behaviour and self-control. With appropriate and consistent discipline, your child will learn about consequences and taking responsibility for their own actions. The ultimate aim is to encourage the child to learn to manage both their feelings and behavior”. Disciplining your child must involve positive reinforcement . Positive reinforcement will teach the child to develop self-actualization.
Why discipline your children?
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills.
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem.
- Ability to change self-defeating behaviors/habits.
- Better expression and management of emotions, including anger.
- Relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions.
- Increased confidence and decision-making skills.
All this contribute massively to the cognitive development (Mental health ) of the child.
Children must be disciplined in a way that provide good mental health .